For my first Instagram giveaway I was able to connect with the most darling little family! I love sessions that celebrate motherhood, and this gorgeous mama, with her sweet baby belly and amazing little lady, was such a treat. Thank you Marisa for entering ! Looking forward to celebrating motherhood with more Mothers Tribe Sessions this summer!
*See below for our Mothers Tribe recipe share*
Ono Butter Mochi
This Hawaiian recipe is simple but so tasty! Hawaii has always been a place of great joy for us. Jeff and I went there for the first time while dating in medical school and later got engaged and married there. We hope that it will continue to be a special place to take our children as they grow. This recipe brings me back to all the delicious food and wonderful memories we have made so far.
- 1 pound mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk,
- 1 can of coconut milk cream and top off the remainder with milk to equal 3 cups
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and milk. In a separate larger bowl, stir together the rice flour, sugar, and baking powder. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir to blend. Mix in melted butter and coconut. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool completely, then cut into squares to serve.